Thursday 20 March 2008

Why do I like Sci-Fi so much?







I really don't know. Seriously. Don't have the slightest. I just....do. It started early, to be honest. My first toy wasn't a toy car, it was a toy space shuttle. It was the late 70's early 80's, the shuttle was the hottest thing ever. And the prototipe was the Enterprise. I mean, how perfect is that! Then came the novels, dozens of them. Then, I think, came Star Trek - The next generation. And it all went downhill from there. I just LOVED IT. Star Wars came in at some point before that, obviously. I know half the dialogue from Return of th Jedi by heart, how sad is that? And I became a consumer of the genre. Babylon 5 was a good one. The new Battlestar Galactica is also very very good. And I've recently found Dr. Who. It's quite the British institution, isn't it? But - and I don't know if this means that I'm turning native.... - it's just amazing. The quality of the stories on a shoestring budget.... I love it all....

0 comments: