Monday 31 March 2008

Welcome Dr.! You've been missed!


Next Saturday, the 5th April, Dr. Who is back on BBC1, for its 2008 season. I just wanted to say, thank you, thank you, thank you sooooo much! I arrived late to Dr. Who, in fact, my knowledge of him was next to non-existent prior to the Christopher Eccleston revamp of 2004. I can explain: in Portugal we have a cable channel called BBC Prime,a type of best of the BBC. And, of course, Dr. Who featured highly in it. However, it was those 5 or 6 episode story arcs. So I would catch 'episode 3 of 6', see these quite cheesy special effects, a bloke that changed every time that I saw it (the different doctors) and some weird story called Revenge of the Bgrughans, or thereabouts. I did, however, realise that I was in the presence of something great. Years later, I then watched the Eccleston doctor and liked it, watched the Tennant doctor, and loved it and am now discovering the previous ones - Tom Baker is my favourite so far. So welcome back doctor. Here's to another spin through the Time Vortex on your blue box. EX-TER-MI-NATE! Delete!

0 comments: